View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
(female)

KG5634 HB UserKG5634 HB User
Re: Chronic all over muscle pain, joint pain, fatigue and headaches

Hi all, well the dr called me today. Apparently I have a slightly elevated SED rate. It's 35, I guess normal range is 0-20. I should have asked, but I didn't, about the fact that I have been taking anti inflamitories for the past 7 yrs would affect the results at all. I mean, that is the point of the medication! I take 2 mobic a day and some days I use the Voltaren gel some as well. Lately I've been using the gel on my wrists. When he initially called, he said...well all your blood work came back fine. So I said really? He says, ....well all but one, the SED rate test, remember that's the test that will show any inflammation. Well it's minimally elevated at 35. So I asked, what is the normal range. He replies...well that's not really important, it's a very subjective test. So I say, ok...but I want to know what the normal range is. He tells me and says, as you can see it is hardly out of range. So he will refer me to a rheumy. But I didn't think about all the anti- inflamatories I take and if the test would be affected by them....or not? Any of you have only slightly elevated SED rates? Thanks