View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: new here - possible sarcoma???

Hi

Truthfully, I would be totally upfront with your surgeon and just tell him you would feel better having an Oncology Surgeon do the work since the possibilty is there that it could be cancerous. He should understand, but even if he does not, it is your life, my friend, and we always want the best shot possible in these types of situations. e courteous, but be firm.

Not sure of the initial size of the tumor, but by the time I had it checked, it was 16cm. I had fallen and thought it was a pulled muscle. Then it the course of of just a couple of weeks, it was noticable just standing looking in the mirror. It had gotten aggressive and grown really quickly. The team at Mass General in Boston told me the guide they were using (at that time) was over 8cm and chemo would be included.

Whatever course of action you decide to take, I will root for you all the way. Don't forget, either, that it could merely be a fatty tumor.

Take care
In my prayers
reach