View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: OK, I just joined the wrapped club. Sore all over.

Good luck on your healing.

I had my wrap just over 4 years ago. I actually traveled via air to stay with family the day after I got out of the hospital.

I really had a lot of pain and soreness in my core area after my surgery. Much more than I anticipated. I actually had to have some assistance getting in and out of bed for the first week. I couldn't get myself up from lying down.

Oddly enough, one of the things I found helped was 'hugging' a squishy pillow against my stomach. For some reason, it really did help with the pain and the gas issues.

The anti-nausea meds were very necessary for me. Take your pain meds regularly for the first week or so. Don't brave it out and take it only when you are really hurting. It takes time to take effect. I was actually on the stronger stuff than what you've been prescribed though. With pain killers, I really recommend taking Miralax too. The Barium can also "stop you up" if you don't have tons of water after taking it as well.

I was on a liquid diet only for a full 2 weeks before being cleared to start on soft foods. I wasn't even allowed to make a strawberry smoothie because of the seeds in the strawberries. I stayed on clear liquids for most of the first week. Be careful when you start of soft foods. It takes about 8 weeks for the swelling to completely subside from the stomach. Take really small bites and chew well to help it go down well.

Walking really does help. I was very slow at first, but that slowly got better.

Last edited by MountainReader; 02-12-2013 at 10:04 PM.