View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

jb1edlover HB User
Costochondritis (so I was told)

First of all I am an obese male age 40. Though Obese I'm pretty active, I'm a softball coach and health and PE teacher. I have high but on the low side of high cholesterol levels. I have not been diagnosed with diabetes or anything like that, so basically besides being overwieght I'm healthy. I have also had 9 knee surgeries and one ankle reconstruction.
So to the question about a month ago (after doing some heavy lifting) I had a sharp pain the very center of my chest and it lasted about 4-5 seconds... it was wierd feeling, but about 5 seconds after the pain went away I felt like I was going to pass out, (things got dark and I felt my face get hot). Anyway it went away and I didn't get the sharp pain again, however I did feel some off an on pressure. When I was moving I felt ok, when I wasn't I felt odd. I can't say it hurt but it was bothersome. Over the next couple of days I took things easy but couldn't quite feel right, but no pain. When I pressed on the chest it felt like a bruise. 3 days after the initial pain I went to the ER (military base) they quickly hooked up an EKG machine and said things were clear... They did a chest xray and said things looked fine. They did some manipulation and decided on Costochondritis. I was given a shot in the butt... and it seemed to relive the discomfort. I was given Naproxen and told to take 2 a day. Things got better and I forgot about it. WELL.... yesterday while sitting down teaching class I felt that similar sharp pain in the center of my chest... it lasted about 4-5 seconds again and went away and just like last time a few seconds later I got the passout feeling again, hot face, things got dark and I felt I was going to pass out. It quickly passed (15-20) seconds. Now since then I get the wierd tightness. I just dont feel right.
Now in reading about all the other signs (heart attack, costochondritis, congestive heart failure) etc... seems I could have all of them. Any suggestions. I did stop taking the pain pills regularly and maybe thats the case. I just can't seem to find anything where passing out is involved with costochondritis... When I'm up and doing stuff things seem to be better, but when I sit around I start to feel more stuff.... my wife says it's anxiety? What do you folks think?
JB