View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #45
(male)

vitcat2 HB Uservitcat2 HB User
Re: Post-Vitrectomy Vision & Possibility of Repeat Retinal Detachment

tubint: Just got back my pre- and post-op OCT scans, as you had suggested! They sent me a CD...what a wealth of information! It has not only black 'n white photos, but also colored (no dye injection was used on me . Further, it has not only 2d b/w cross-sections of the retina (on two orthogonal axes), one of which (from nasal to temple C/S) the dr had shown and discussed with me, but also colored 3d shapes of the ILM (inner) and the RPE (outer) layers, with the thickness distribution shown as contour plots from ILM to RPE. For example, my average retinal thickness in the measurement volume is 300 micro-meters, much smaller than what you quoted for yourself, 400, and at the fovea, it is only 255, etc. This is exciting info, although, I don't quite know what I will do wih it, other than comparing it later on if things go boink with my ERM. I wouldn't have asked for it, if you hadn't suggested. Now, I can compare them with the text-book images obtained from googling, and learn about this fascinating field. There is a whole load of qualitative info there, but as patients, what else can one see and interpret from these OCTs, you think?

Last edited by vitcat2; 02-16-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: typo