View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User
Re: Having meniscus surgery Friday

Chilly....I know exactly what you're talking about when you describe what your knee is doing. It was very good that you immediately went inside and iced your knee. That is the best thing you could have done. If you're allowed to take anti-inflammatories, you might want to take some.

Try not to worry too much when you feel all these things going on in your knee. It is pretty normal, I've always experienced the same, and heck, I'm having that pop in my knee that has surgery last Sept still. PT helped, but I think bearing all my weight on that leg because of my recent ankle surgery is causing me to baby that knee more than I should.

I would recommend you keep an eye on that knee...continued swelling, pain, popping or feeling like it's locking shouldn't be something that continues too long. If it is still bothering you Monday, I'd recommend calling your doctor's office and letting them know what's going on. It may be that icing and staying off of it for the majority of the weekend will make it feel better. I often found myself doing too much too soon, and if I would make myself slow down on the weekend and really rest my knee, my knee felt much much better. Even now, before my foot surgery, I would often come home from work and elevate and ice. My knee still swells. I probably have something wrong with it, but I have to concentrate on my ankle right now.