Thread: Osteoarthritis
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
(female)

pinkotter HB User
Re: Osteoarthritis

I have osteoarthritis and have had it for 3 years. i'm 27, its been really hard, everything hurt, I couldn't do much (especially exercise) daily activities were hard, a friend was a yoga instructor, she said come to my class, you must try yoga, i couldn't believe the next day i didn't hurt, couldn't believe it. i've been doing yoga for a year now. . . gentle yoga for awhile and now i'm able to do Vinyasa, it changed my life!! I had gone to 3 doctors who all told me i needed to get a hip replacement. . . at my age. . um, NO!! So i had find a way on my own. Here's what i did: I've been eating better, start with a juicer. I finally found a doctor willing to step outside the box. he said lets try PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma therapy), its an injection of your own blood. And i just went through my second one. . . and i really think its working. i've been walking everyday (sometimes a mile) and its not as painful. I feel wonderful. Seriously search PRP, i want to tell the world about it. i've never felt this good in such a long time!! Good luck to you!! Your not alone!!!