View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #46
(female)

tubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB User
Re: Post-Vitrectomy Vision & Possibility of Repeat Retinal Detachment

So glad you got your OCT's and sounds like you have already made good use of them by becoming educated. I am really no expert, just self educated and it's been about a year since I really delved into the research, so I am losing some of the details in my memory. I mostly watched my OCT's for retina/macula swelling. Mine is still thick (400 vs healthy 250-300ish range) but I don't have CME. You can see the CME because it is like a pocket of darkness within the retina layers.

You should also be able to see your scar tissue/ERM if one is there or forming.

In regards to the difference in Diopters, I was just told one diopter per eye...surgery eye ended up -.50 and good eye +1...I assume they are distance measurements. If you are seeing well, I wouldn't get hung up on the numbers so much. Also, many have said to actually stay within 3 diopters to be safe, but also read that the 2 diopter spread was best to be safest. Everyone adapts differently depending on what they were used to before the surgery so these are just guidelines.
You sound a lot like me...I was a "sponge" absorbing any and all information I could get on my eye.
Keep it up, information is power.