View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
(male)

vitcat2 HB Uservitcat2 HB User
Re: Post-Vitrectomy Vision & Possibility of Repeat Retinal Detachment

tubint: Yeah, once these eye troubles (cat+RD+cat/vit sx) started happening to me I have been reading voraciously about them with whatever I can get my hands on - via internet, as well as, sometimes medical books in the local university, library or book-store...of course, with whatever eye is functionally working at that time . Although it satisfies my curiosity about these things (and the medical research on retina, in particular, is truly a fascinating field), my real reasons are (a) Is my vision going to improve at all in the near or distant future? (b) What are the options to improve it, and how can I implement them? and, (c) What are the root-causes for my particular trouble? Hunting for the best surgeon and clinic is a different issue though, where, "HealthGrades" is a good web-site. But, finally, no matter how much we think we know about a particular eye problem, we need to rely on professionals (surgeons, and optometrists in the end) to take care of it. And, once you yourself go through these eye-opening surgeries (literally) and get your vision back, completely or somewhat, you truly start admiring these skillful eye surgeons, and the medical profession, in general. And, when it doesn't improve, it's a wholly different story...(Btw I didn't know what CME was, but wiki has a lot of stuff on it, and I am sure you have already read a bunch on it.)

Last edited by vitcat2; 02-18-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo