View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User
Re: Viral Laberynthitis

Hi there
I can totally understand how you feel.
Mine started nearly 8 months ago and was so bad (long story and lots of posts) last year,I too was soooo bad I was off work for 10 weeks and went back phased for 6 weeks as still wasnt right and to this day I am still suffering,it took me nearly 4 months before the doctor would refer me to ENT and it then has taken another 4 months to get to see them which was only yesterday morning.
The short story is that I am 80% better but do has residual symptoms,sometimes I just feel weird/off balance and the it's certain head movements that make it feel even worse hence when i saw the ENT yesterday he seemed to think I have BPPV and took no messing and got me on the couch to perform the Epley maneuver which I was not expecting and hadn't tried before as my physio had said she thinks Its residual symptoms of the Labrythitus so gave me exercises to do which i do sometimes if I'm honest,anyway the ENT yesterday said I should do the Epley daily for a week then reduce to 3 or 4 times a week and he then said it should go !mmmm
I have to say it doesnt feel good at all when its being done but will persevere.
Hope this is helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to florida31 For This Useful Post:
Animason (03-17-2013)