View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #38
(female)

Rlanue HB User
Re: Laser Hemorrhoid Surgery in Miami or Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndav View Post
I have spoken to both locations in Miami and Phoenix. Yes they can laser both internal and external. Banding does work and is a great option if you only have internals. I have had bands before and the pain from the band usually went away after 6 - 12 hrs. However, bands no longer work for me and I also have externals which you can't band. I would stick with banding and see how it goes. Surgery should always be a last resort. You normally only have to have 3 or 4 bands anyway with not much down time or complications. My recommendation from experience is to only have them do one band at a time. 2 at a time will produce quicker results, but much more painful. I have only considered surgery because all else has failed and I have put up with it for years. Good luck! I understand how you feel.
I had the laser surgery in Phx about 5 years ago. I have had 2 recurrences of thrombosed hemmorrhoids since then which needed to be extracted. Only 2 in 5 years I guess is good but do be prepared for the most excruciating pain after the laser procedure! The pain after the surgery was 10x worse (no exageration) for a few days, and the worst part is I was not alerted to this fact! It was writhing on the floor pain but maybe it was worth it. I might elect something else next time around.