View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
revision surgery

I have had long standing sinus problems. 20 years ago, I had a deviated septum corrected and turbinate reduction. The results were fantastic for about 15 years. Five years ago, I started to have a reoccurance of my sinus issues. A ct scan showed that my sinuses were a mess. I went to three different ent's who all reccomended surgery. I had surgery three years ago and again had a wonderful outcome until this year. I have had ongoing sinus problems since November despite using nasal washes daily, four rounds antibiotics, qnasal, oral decongenstants, prednisone, nasoneb. I have had two ct scans. The first showed that the sphenoid sinus was completely occluded. A follow up ct scan 6 weeks later showed that the sphenoid sinus was only partly occluded, but there continued to be problems in the other sinuses. When scoped, the turbinates are occluding the sinuses.

The doctor is proposing SMR Turbinates(H), ethmoidectomy total, sphenoid & maxillary endoscopy w tissue removal, prtl excision turbinates fees image guidance.

I went for two opinions. Both doctors are proposing surgery. I am very leary about undergoing a revision surgery due to the higher chances of complications. Has anyhone gone through a similar situation?