View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
(male)

livingrock21 HB User
help needed truly unsure what to do

I truely dont want to seem like a drug seeker to you all, and/or my pain management dr. I'm currently on two 30 mg oxycontin and one 10 mg/325 apap percocet a day. I've been on the two 30mg oxys for a year and a half, 6 months later the dr added the percocet for break through pain. I've been seeing this dr now for a year and a half. He added the percocet after complaining a couple times of me seeing him and telling him the oxys were working for the most part(made things more tolerate but def doesnt deminish the pain), while they were working. I've had the same problem I've been having since starting them. They only seem to work for 8 hrs, and even that is stretching it. I'm up at night consistently in pain, hence the reason I'm writing this at 230 in the morning. I've already been through this with him, so I'm not sure where to go with this. Another thing I'd like to add, the pharmacy I switched to about 4 months ago made a mistake two months ago, and gave me roxycodone 30 mg by mistake instead of the oxy I'm supposed to get. I didnt notice the difference until after a few days and seen the difference on the prescription, and doing a little research on the internet. The roxycodone actually took care of the pain, completely, but only lasts about 5-6 hours. After reading on the internet, I found out that one is long acting and the other is short acting. Even though the short acting was only a few hours shy of working as long as the long acting, and actually works!

Thats the predicament I'm in, and I'm not sure how to approach this issue. I've been on pain meds for about 8 years now, eversince about 6 months before my medical retirement from the navy. I have a type of neuropathy, along with a list of other medical problems. I know if I go into the drs office in a couple of days and start asking for meds by name hes going to think I'm a drug seeker. I'd even think twice about telking him I got on one of these forums asking for advice. I truely hate this aspect of society. A few drug addicts here and there make it very difficult for people like me (assuming most of the people on here), to get addequate relief. All responses are welcome, and any advice is much appreciated! Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out before I go to the drs.