Thread: Osteoarthritis
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #19
(female)

tiff-cher HB User
Re: Osteoarthritis

Hello all,
I too have OA, in just about all my joints, and DDD(degenerative disc disease) in my spine. I was over weight and my PCP talked me into having gastric bypass surgery, I am 2 years and 5 months out from surgery, and have lost over 100 lbs. Surgery was to help to eleveate the pain. I also have fibromyalgia, but that's beside the point. I know that it is very painful (OA) and the weight loss has helped, somewhat, but I have develpoed it in other parts of my body. I have been tested for Lupus and RA, with my labs coming back normal. I was "MIS"diagnosed back in about 2006 with Lupus and placed on 2 medications, went to a Rhuematologist and she undiagnosed me and took me off of the meds. I know that after my initial weight loss I did feel better. I'm by no means suggesting the surgery, I just think diet and exercise would help you feel better. OA is a very painful disease that did hit me at a young age, all of my family have some sort of arthritis.
I hope you get some help from these posts...healthboards is a very helpful and supportive place to visit and vent at times. I have been known to vent...good luck to you!! tiff-cher

Last edited by tiff-cher; 02-21-2013 at 07:31 AM.