View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
(female)

DrPePpErVaMpIrE HB User
Smile Re: New to having OCD...

Dear JustAmy,

Hello. I'm sorry about your situation. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well. I was just recently officially diagnosed, but have had major anxiety issues my entire life. I also believe that I have a panic disorder and atypical depression. I totally understand what you mean by needing everything to be perfect and having an inability to leave the house or do anything else until it is. My OCD is more centered around misophobia (germophobia.) I have this constant fear that I am going to get a disease from touching things. I have actually gone as far as to literally rub the skin off of my hands while having a panic attack because I thought there was something on them. I also have a lot of problems with needing things to be in a particular spot and it will drive me crazy if I can't fix it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are other people with OCD and depression and I think I can relate to what you're going through. I would love to talk to you more about it if you'd like.

I like to know that I'm not alone and that there are other people out there that are in the same boat.

Just keep smiling. It helps. I promise.

-Lorelei