Thread: Car accident
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Car accident

I had one whiplash. A severe one. Back and forth. I was younger than you.
It never goes away. What you are experiencing is called spasms. It's cause your muscles, tendons and ligaments got damaged. That's it. THey don't have any technique to fix it. I wish I could go back to normal. It's enough living like that for 7 years. It's literally pain in the neck. I don't talk about this with anyone. I am jealous of people who don't have pain. Honestly, I don't understand why it happened to me, what have I done to deserve this?

It usually depends how old you are. Most people (I say most) in their 20's who had a whiplash will be fine. In their 30's it's a different story. I also believe if you are skinny your muscles are too weak to protect your spine (that's what I think).

But it your case it's your age and how your neck was before the whiplash.

Also, the type of car you drive (you didn't drive a Volvo or BMW, right?).

I know somebody who drove a Volvo, been in a severe accident, and nothing happened to him. It's good to be rich, too bad. Rich and healthy.

I don't know how to comfort you, I hope things will get better somehow.