Thread: Mri analysis
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #56
(male)

jojoson HB User
Re: Mri analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsta44 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In March 2011, I slipped down some stairs on my back-feet first. From that time on I ended up with a severe hunch over, weakening in my left arm and right leg gained calf cramps. I saw the Doc the day after and was X-rayed, given some pain killers and that was that.
By a fluke, while seeing a hand surgeon about another thing, the weakness in my left arm was commented on. It was much worse by now.
I was sent to one of the top neurosurgeons and promptly given an MRI scan.
The results:
Findings:
Cervical spine
Alignment is normal.
No active bone oederna.

C2/3/4/5 No significant abnormality.

C5/6/7 Moderate to severe bilateralneural foraminal narrowing secondary to uncovertebral disc osteophyte complexes. No obvious disc protrusion.

C7/T1 No abnormality.

Craniocervical junction and cervical cord are normal in appearance.
No focal bone lesions. No paraspinal soft tissue abnormality.

Lumbar spine:

Distal thoracic cord and conus are normal in appearance.

L1/2 No abnormality.

L2/3 shallow broad-based posterior disc bulging. No neural compromise.

L3-5 No abnormality.

L5/S1: 3mm anterolistheses secondary to bilateral L5 pars defects. Mild-moderate bilateral neural foiramina narrowing secondary to bulging and anterolisthesis. No focal disc protrusion. No spinal canal narrowing. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy.

No focal bone lesion. No paravertebral abnormality.

Comment:
1. C5-C6 and C6-C7 spondylotic changes associated with bilateral neural foromina narrowing.
2, L5/S1 spondylitic spondylolisthesis associated with bilateral neural foarnina narrowing.

The surgeon suggests fusion of the C5-7 section.

Prior to the fall, I was able to walk normally, ride my bike etc but not now.

What I am wondering is what may be instore for the future after the fix,

Also what it is possible to do afterwards.

I forgot to add, that in Jan this year, I saw a chiropractor who managed to get me able to stand straight again and had a session of deep tissue massage which helped aleviate the cramps