View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
(male)

Propdodger HB User
My 13 yr old son is addicted to X box

My 13 year old son is almost nocturnal, he is up nearly all night and has stopped going to school. At the moment he is in a programme and receiving counselling to get him back to school. He is supposed to attend a half day every Friday to ease him back.
I am trying very hard to go along with all of the advice the professionals are telling us but he just ignores them and stays off stating he hates school. The problem is compounded by the fact we have 4 other children and I work away from home a lot and my wife has to deal with the other kids getting them ready for school. They have assessed my 13 year old with ADHD and have him on medication? Everyone is pussyfooting around him, but feel its time to step in and play the bad dad and remove all of the electric devices from his room and play hardball till his attitude changes. I have to admit this is putting a huge strain on me and my wife and I have almost come to blows with him because of the way he talks and treats his mother and the total lack of respect for us.
I am always criticised for being too angry with him especially by my wife but I really struggle. I love him more than anything in the world and struggle to see him waste his future like this.
Any advice would be a help.
Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Propdodger:
sjb (02-24-2013)