View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #26
(female)

roxybell HB Userroxybell HB Userroxybell HB User
Re: Surgery Tomorrow, 2-22-13

Well, my temp did continue to go back down to normal last night. I have no idea what the spike was about. Just glad it's normal again.

48 hours post op:
My gas pains are better. I have been burping a lot since I woke out of anesthesia, but that was it. I finally started doing the other thing last night, and that has helped a lot I think. It still hurts to burp, but not as bad. And i haven't felt that strange wave or rolling sensation across my abdomen since yesterday late afternoon, so that's been a nice relief.

I tried to eat mashed potatoes last night, but I just couldn't do it with the nausea. All I had yesterday was a piece of plain toast and a smoothie. I attempted the potatoes around dinner, but only a few spoonfuls. Then I tried 2 Saltines around 11pm, and I actually threw up after that. However I was finally able to fall asleep a little while later, so that was good.

Today I woke up around 5am very nauseous again. My husband got up and made me a piece of toast and some veggie broth. I ate half the toast and a few sips of the broth. I know I need to get more food in my stomach. Ugh.

One little bit of good news is that I was just able to walk around my upstairs for 15 minutes straight without getting dizzy or holding onto walls. That's big! Hopefully the dizziness is gone for good now.

So all in all, 2 days post op and the gas pains are easing up a bit and I'm not really dizzy anymore. Nausea is still in effect big time though. I also started Metamucil because I *feel* like I need to go, but haven't. blah.