View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #60
(male)

Sree234 HB User
Re: Post-Vitrectomy Vision & Possibility of Repeat Retinal Detachment

Hi Vitca 2

Thanks for your reply

The reason I went for Vitrectomy was due to a macular hole and the size was around 622 ( I am not sure about the unit) due to that accident I had while playing racquet ball & NO lens damage

I was requested to face down for 4 days and I met the doctor 2 times and he said with the gas bubble still inside the eye ( on the 2nd and 5th day) he was not able to see whether the hole was closed or not?

I told I could see through the bubble clearly and he mentioned that's your answer but he will confirm after the OCT on my next appt (Mar 6th) & I am counting my days to get an answer from the doc

Still at I night most part I am trying to sleep face down position

Currently the bubble size is like a dime and decreasing day by day and I think in another few days it will be done I guess (today is 10th day)...

Question for you: After the gas bubble complete gone will the vision will improve or not? currently I can see all the objects with blurriness & I can see the colours as well but not clear

Yes. I can take few weeks off not an issue & My only worry is to get back my vision back to normal

Once again thanks a lot for your valuable feedback

Let me know if you need more details

Thanks