View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
(female)

j-gal HB User
Re: Kind of an IBS newbie, feeling very lost & hopeless...

As of right now, I haven't felt much relief. The medicine definitely hasn't helped at all and only gives me a headache every time I take it. I have taken things into my own hands and began doing my own research and found that dairy can often be a trigger even if you aren't lactose intolerant so for the past week I cut dairy out of my diet as much as possible and that has helped. I still have most of my abdominal pain and diarrhea but I'm not so bloated all the time so that helps with being a lot more comfortable.

But my pain is mostly either just abdominal pain in general and some cramping. I'd say it's usually like 60% abdominal pain, 40% abdominal cramping. I have a follow-up appointment with my GI tomorrow and I hope it goes better than last time but I'm not getting too excited for that.

My mom was really angry after seeing how upset I was from my last appointment so she's going with me this time to kind of advocate for me because she sees how much pain & misery I'm in all the time so he can't try to pull any more BS on me. And she's a little bit better at being forceful than I am haha