View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
(female)

margarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB Usermargarita889 HB User
Re: Basal Joint surgery

Hi Haydena,

I hope you are doing well and not getting too bored during your recovery. I had excellent news this week. On Monday I had therapy with Peggy,a different therapist I have seen before because my previous therapist is due with her baby. After doing measurements she moved me up by two weeks on the protocol. I am started on hand strengthening now. I only have three more therapy sessions planned over the next couple of weeks and the done!

The doctor appointment yesterday was just as good. He was very pleased with my progress and said I don't need to come back at 12 weeks. I also scheduled my left hand surgery for July 11th. My knees are doing well too. I won't need a re-check for five years.

So I am one happy woman. The exercises for strengthening are going really well as are the ones for the wrist. I am really comfortable lifting small things, so hopefully this will move along quickly. I have a weight limit of 30 lbs. lifting because of my knees, so I expect to get there before the end of March now that I have a head start.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Linda

The following user gives a hug of support to margarita889:
Haydena (02-27-2013)