View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User
Re: Get off fentanyl with withdrawls?

Just going to add something regarding his comment on wanting to use a hot tub or hot baths. I am on the patch and love and need the hot tub and hot baths as well. Of course you can use them when you are changing patches, take one off, take a bath or use the hot tub and then put the new patch on. Another option I use and it probably won't be for everyone, is if I am at a point where it's NOT time to change my patch and I really could use the hot tub or bath, I take my patch off, save it, take the bath or hot tub then put the SAME patch back on with a bioclusive or Tegaderm. Granted it's not the best solution but if you use your hand and allow the body heat to reinstate the glue and then put the cover back over, the patch is almost as good as new. To be honest I have never noticed a difference when I have done that but you may not get as good pain control. But it's a compromise for people who want to take hot baths or hot tubs but wear the patch.