View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Liarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB UserLiarose006 HB User
Re: Saw a doctor for the first time in 10 years

It's sometimes difficult to get a doctor to focus on the reason you went to see him especially when the appointment is for a physical. I agree that he should have listened to you better. Did you like the doctor and feel comfortable with him? If you did, then I would not go to another doctor but develop a patient-doctor relationship with him. You can always call and speak to him about what you can do about the anxiety. Also, they will be calling with your test results...at that time you can mention that you still have anxiety and would like to know what can be done about it. If you feel you are not being heard try to get recommendations on a doctor that is attentive to his patients' needs. There are several doctors in the practice I use but always request only one doctor because he listens calmly and is very thorough...he is better than me with following up. The other option would be to see a psychologist who can help you with the anxiety. All you may need is to find out the source of your anxiety and a psychologist will be the one to help you with this. Hoping one of these options will help you. It's good that you recognize you have anxiety and are seeking help...that's the first step to calming it down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Liarose006 For This Useful Post:
Kaufer (03-06-2013)