View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User
Re: Saw a doctor for the first time in 10 years

Im glad you are seeking help, there are some great anxiety medication for mild anxiety. They can be used as needed.

It is unfortunate that you did not feel good about the doctor, but you want a doctor you like. It is good that you got a complete physical and bloodwork if you have no current medical records. It is important to get a good looking over when 10 years pass. Make sure to get copies of all the results for your own medical file, then you can pass a copy on to your new doctor/s. They all want that done.

I recently had a bout of depression that really scared me. I sought the advice of my family doctor and he referred me to a great psychiatrist who saw me the next day, and I was all set within a few days. It was a really positive experience.

Of course getting all the tests done is a pain, but most of them do not have to be repeated very often to remain in good health. Finding little problems early really makes a difference in almost every case.

Keep seeking the doctor you need until you find the right fit for you. Keep us posted on how it goes, ok?