Thread: Urine smell
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

Azurah HB UserAzurah HB UserAzurah HB UserAzurah HB UserAzurah HB User
Re: Urine smell

If you aren't eating carbs and you aren't eating fat, what are you eating? You have to eat something! Fasting is not good for diabetics. Ketogenic diets can help you lose weight and control blood sugars, but they are HIGH fat, low-carb. It won't work correctly if you aren't eating enough fat. Lots of type 2 diabetics on other forums I'm on have been very successful at losing weight and normalizing their glucose levels on low-carb/high-fat diets. Some follow Atkins-like diets and some follow Dr. Richard Bernstein's plan. It may sound crazy, but you can lose weight while eating fat. I suggest you learn about ketogenic diets or some of the other diets mentioned.

Also, you don't mention testing your blood sugars. That is the most important thing to do! If you don't test, you don't know where you're at or if what your doing is working for you or not. I highly recommend googling blood sugar 101 and checking out the website to learn about controlling blood sugars. You'll probably find answers to many of your questions.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-22-2013 at 01:17 PM.