View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Imuran for Autoimmune

Anyone ever been put on Imuran (azathioprine) for autoimmune disease? I'm told I have MCTD and now on the following drugs, cymbalta 30 mg. prednisone 2.5 mg, plaquenil 200 mgs and imuran. Aren't these a lot of drugs to be taking?
My mctd is not under control and I have been getting a lot of flares, plus my joints are swollen. Also, how do they know these disease involve your organs,
(heart, lungs, kidneys)? With blood work? I'm assuming the doctors take the blood work and look for certain things and if that is elevated, you have organ involvement? Is that correct? Found out that my hair loss and facial marks are from mctd. It took me 1 year and 3 diff rheumtologists to come up with a diagnosis. Do you think mctd is worse than lupus since it adds another autoimmune disease to your body? Also my thyroid is up and I am prediabetic. I will get my new blood results next week and I'll keep you updated. One more thing, I am not sick enough to stay in bed but I just don't feel good so I push myself. Thanks for reading