View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: I never want to go out- am I depressed? My partner still goes out loads- never se

Hi. perhaps in the midst of his merriment with his friends, he is hiding a problem in plain sight......what problem? .....alcoholism. He goes to the pub everyday and during the weekend is is out all night. You say his friends are involved with drugs also so it would not be a stretch to think he is involved with drug abuse too. You are trying to better your life and he is pulling you down and you have to realize at this point in time is the best it's ever going to be.It is difficult for you to wait for changes when in reality the changes have to come from you. You are going to enter a professional life and will be meeting professional people that you have more in common with. Do you see your boyfriend playing an important role in your new life? Frankly, I do not see a future with a guy who leaves you to cry in loneliness every time you have a few hours of your precious free time. You may guilt talk him into spending a night or two with you but what is the use when he would rather be somewhere else. I hope that eventually you find the happiness in your life that you deserve.