View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

abjerk HB User
Re: Where to go next?

Thank you so much for your response. I don't really have a good excuse for not sleeping. I've always naturally been a night owl and somehow always end up staying up too late to finish some project or another. The nights I do try to go to bed early, my son may still be up as early as 4 am.

My husband is supportive, when he is home, but unfortunately he travels a lot for work and will often be out of town for a few nights in a row. I work (from home, son still goes to daycare full time) as a marketing manager 40+ hours a week, and I frequently pick up freelancing writing or design jobs. I'm also taking a few classes to make a career change to something in the medical field (potentially nursing or a PT or OT.. not entirely sure yet) so that I can hopefully work less to make the same amount I am now. Being that I work from home, I don't get a lot of interaction with people, so it can get pretty lonely.

I do work out (run and lift weights) a few times a week, but my aching joints (and muscles) afterwards add to my worries. I feel like it takes a lot longer for my muscles to recover from a workout than it used to. I have been thinking of going to some yoga a few times a week in addition (or instead).

Are 8 hours a night the recommended sleeping amount? Does anyone know if sleeping a few hours, waking up to tend to a little on, then sleeping a few more hours would also lead to sleep deprivation as well? I've had nights where I would sleep 5 hours, wake up for a half an hour, then sleep another 2 or 3 hours, then get up for the day. So some nights I technically got about 8 hours, but still didn't feel rested. My little guy didn't sleep through the night (like more than 5 hours straight before needing some coaxing back to sleep) until he was about 13-14 months old...

Maybe I should seek counseling? Every time I Google a symptom.. it leads me to an anxiety board, so it seems like that could be the underlying cause of all my "issues". I would also try weaning to see if some issues would go away, but that time is one of the few moments I can get my little guy to slow down enough to give me some momma time.

Thanks again for responding.