View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Imuran for Autoimmune

MCTD isn't a mixture in the sense that you have lupus and myositis and.... It is it's own AI disease that has some features of this and that as an overlap but is treated as it's own entity. How long have you been on plaquenil and imuran? It can take quite some time for them to become fully effective. If your thyroid hormone is lacking, that can certainly add to your pain and fatigue, but is pretty easy to treat (I have sclero and Hashi's myself) Ladybud is correct when she says to pace yourself. It does help. I still hold a full time job and stuff. Each person has their own course of their disease and response to treatment and you sound as if you are off to great start. As to organ involvement, your Dr's will monitor you through blood tests, check ups, and symptoms. It is not a given in MCTD that organ involvement will happen, but I'm sure that your Dr's will be vigilant and treat you accordingly. Good luck and keep us posted.