View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #169
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Hi booboo,

I went for a 7 week follow-up with my surgeon today. He has pretty much cleared me, but told me to come back if I had any pain. While it is mild, I've still had pain on the ulnar side of my wrist. It isn't where the bone is. It is on the side of the wrist just above the boney part.

Anyway, he did an evaluation and thinks it is my dorsal ulnar tendons that are still inflammed. He gave me another cortizone shot. I haven't had one since last September. He said if my pain is at 0-1 not to worry about coming back. If I continue to have the mild pain, come see him in a month. It the pain gets worse to see him before that.

While I'm doing so incredibly much better, I know things still aren't normal and just want them to finish healing. On the plus side, I can now pour from large pitchers of water. The surgeon also said I could also start trying to bowl in a month or so, just starting with a much lighter ball for a while and building up to my normal 14 lbs. (Fairly heavy for a female.)

My problem right now. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few cortizone shots over the last 6 years, including several in my wrist over the last 2 years. The one today is by far the worst. All that fluid in such a small space of bone is bad. This one really really hurt when he was administering it though. It hurts tonight a lot. Per my personal history, I know the next 3 days will probably be much worse. I really hate that. He told me to wear my splint if it still hurts in a couple days, but I'm tempted to pull it out tonight.

Have you ever had these shots?

How are you doing right now? Are you still seeing the progress you want?

MountainReader