View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Where to go next?

It is good you are seeing a neurologist. I would ask for a B12 and folate level on blood if that wasn't already done. There is a very sensitive test for MS called a Visual Evoked Potential test that can show problems even before an MRI shows anything. It might be worth having that done to check out the MS question and put your mind at rest. If all that comes back ok, and symptoms persist, because of the joint pains, dizziness, muscle twitching and dry eyes, I would ask for some screening tests for autoimmune disorders, including thyroiditis, (lump in throat feeling), lupus and RA. Many people are told their symptoms are from stress because the Dr doesn't know what it is and egos prevent them from just saying, "I don't know". That would be preferrable, really, to prevent patients from feeling like they are just crazy, which you are not. Good luck with this and keep us updated please.