View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Re: L5S1 post surgery

Exactly as Teteri66 said. My pt even told me at 5 months to only do walking at two intervals of 10-15 minutes, not all at once. I still struggle as at where I am now, walking feels really good, I want to walk so much, but I take care not to over due it, even forced myself to get a wheelchair at the airport recently.

I have read about so many others rushing back to work, life, etc. and they have so many complaints and are not as happy as they may have had a chance at being if they had taken recovery much more slower. I myself, having recently crossed the 6 month post op point can see now how much I have improved and how hard and at times negative I was as my body was not moving as fast as I thought it should, but looking back, if I could encourage EVERYONE to slow down and give it a full year I would.
As GMAK above stated, I LOVE her dr.'s description of blocks for this. I could never word it better myself now that I have lived it.

Hang in there, stay positive, and be thankful every day for every movement you can do without horrible pain. Find joy in the tiniest things like rolling over in bed, etc. I promise it will get better in time.
((HUGS))
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

The Following User Says Thank You to workinmom572 For This Useful Post:
gmak (03-12-2013)