Thread: Car accident
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #80
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Car accident

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was doing more then I usually do. I was standing a lot, for several hours I guess upto 2 hours max.
And I really felt it in my entire back.

To my understanding the pain pump is not guarenteed to work 100% of the time and give "complete" relief.

From what I read and was told that if I had 50% relief from the pump or more then it was considered a success. It was intended to "reduce" not "eliminate" the issue of pain and in hopes that you get some quality of life back. Don't forget its NOT a cure to our problems.

I try not to take extra pain medications (oxycodone) during the day, but the past 2 days I felt the need in hopes to get some relief.

After my MRI I am scheduled to see my doctor to go over the MRI results. But if I am right I have to see the doctors PA after the MRI. Not sure why but I think they have to make sure nothing changed in the way the pump works from going thru the MRI.

On a positive note while I do have bad days, I find that on a good day I can sit longer periods of time then I did prior to having the implant.

On bad days my arms really bother me they feel extremely "strained" or "weak" at times. I don't feel the oxycodone is doing much in the way of pain relief. Not sure why. As I said I don't like overdoing it on taking the medication. I don't like the side effects, sometimes extreme tiredness; lightheadedness; constipation are what I seem to experience.

Anyway will see waht the MRI says if the accident caused any changes in the neck issues.