View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
(female)

Ginger16 HB User
Re: Meniere's

Michele: I of course cannot be 100% sure, but based off of the symptoms and events that you report, it does not sound like MD to me. I know this is easy for me to say, since I am not experiencing what you have been going through, but try to relax. Stress can cause your symptoms to be worse. Yes you have some of the symptoms of MD, but I still don't believe that is what you have. Typically te tinnitus does not sound like crickets, instead it is a low-frequency roaring tinnitus that typically occurs right before, during and/or immediately after an episode of vertigo. Same with aural fullness, which is a pressure or full feeling in your ear. Also you typically only have the tinnitus and/or the fullness in one year and they occur in the same ear along with fluctuating hearing in that same ear. In terms of the vertigo and dizziness...I'm glad you can tell the difference. A lot of people go to the ER because they are dizzy and the doc at the ER diagnoses the person with "vertigo". First off vertigo is not a diagnosis...it is a symptom of something else. Secondly vertigo is a true spinning sensation. So it sounds to me like you had some vertigo during the first episode, but since then it has been dizziness only? If that's the case that is fantastic. If you had MD you would continue to have periodic episodes of violent spinning that causes nausea and vomiting. I agree with whoever is doing your VRT that is sounds more like VN....however I'm not sure if I agree with the BPPV. I guess I need a little more history on you before I can say that. With BPPV you typically do experience vertigo that lasts anywhere from a few seconds to one minute. If the vertigo lasts longer than that then it is not classic BPPV. Also it only occurs with head and/or body movements like looking up, bending over, rolling over in bed, etc. If you are sitting still and haven't moved lately and you experience a sudden onset of vertigo then it is not BPPV.

Were you ill at all prior to the initial onset? Upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, cold or flu-like symptoms? If so I would say for sure VN or labrynthitis. Do you get dizzy when there is extra movement around you like when riding in a car, walking down a grocery store aisle, in a crowded area with lots of people around, while reading a book or watching tv? Can you walk in a straight line or do you find yourself veering off in one direction or feeling like you are being pulled? Do you still have a sensitivity to loud sounds? How about bright lights? Do you have a history of migraines? How about a family history of migraines? If you look at a stationary object like a light switch, does it look like its bouncing on you or swaying? Do you feel like you are ever rocking on a boat? Do your symptoms change if you go up or down in elevation or with changes in barometric pressure? Have you ruled out other possible causes for dizziness, such as heart or blood pressure related issues?

I hope this helps...sorry if there are a lot of typos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger16 For This Useful Post:
shell683 (03-28-2013)