View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #173
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

So, 2 weeks ago I went in for another surgical follow-up. I still have a bit of ulnar side pain when I move my hand to that direction. He did an exam of the area and said it looked like some tendon inflammation. He gave me a cortisone shot to help try to resolve the inflammation. This is the 4th cortisone shot in my wrist in the last 2 years.

This shot felt different than the rest. They always hurt, but this hurt ALOT. Usually it takes a couple days of pain, then it gets better all around. This time, the pain got worse and spread across the top of my hand and a bit down my wrist. It has also been extremely tender to the touch. I've been on anti-biotics for a week, but it still really hurts. I've been using heat, ice and a wrist splint for the last couple weeks. I really have wondered if he hit something different with this shot. It almost hurts as much as my last surgery.