View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #175
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin33 View Post
oh geez that doesnt sound good. Thats the brace the dr gave me. I thought bout trying the exos brace or possibly just a cast, but cant have it forever. Im guessing dr have to follow certain procedures.? I really want to avoid the shot, since it screwed up my ankle.
After surgery I had a fiberglass cast. I had a few problems with my second one. (For some reason I developed tendonitis in my thumb while I had it on.) The orthopedic surgeon then gave me an exos brace/cast. They are pretty great. Quite comfortable, molded to the arm, and hard as the cast.

Not sure what is up with the cortisone, but I'm going back to my hand surgeon tomorrow to have it checked out.