View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
(female)

MutherTrucker HB User
Re: Pancreatic Cancer

If you are itching but not turning yellow in the whites of your eyes and your skin is still normal colored I would not think it is a blockage of the common Bile Duct which might indicate a mass or stones, I agree with every one else that you should clearly seek further testing and from a doctor who is familiar with PC. My husband was diagnosed with PC in July 2012, and was jaundiced at that time (Yellowing skin and eyes) they located the blockage with a CT Scan and he has been through much since. I pray that it is not indeed PC because this is a horrible fate for anyone much less someone so young. One of the other posters said that if you had been having those symptoms for 3 months and it were PC you'd be dead, this is not the case all of the time. My husband went undiagnosed for more than 8 years with all of the symptoms except the Jaundice. It is extremely important that you find out as fast as possible though because early detection is the key. One other thing to keep in mind is family history... does any one in you family have a history of Pancreatitus or Diabetes? If so you are a higher risk for PC and should mention it to your doctor when discussing your concerns for further testing. Good Luck and God Bless.