View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #176
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Evidently, I had an allergic reaction to the cortisone shot I received in my wrist a couple weeks ago. My wrist hurts a lot and my surgeon can't give me any idea of how long I'll be dealing with this now. Instead of helping with the inflammation, after the cortisone shot, I now have major inflammation in my tendon and no treatment options for it other than to do 'pain desensitation massage' and wear my splint. The desensitation massage involves actually pushing on the area of pain and massaging it several times a day. The area is so tender right now that just my sleeve rubbing on it causes me pain. Pushing on it intentionally is really really tough for me. I'm just tired of all of this.