View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: low white blood count

Sneaker, I would wonder if the rash is from sun exposure, since it sounds like you are outdoors a lot. The sun can cause a photosensitivity rash only on sun exposed areas. This could be related to the low WBC in that photosensitivity rashes are common in lupus, and occur particularly early in the season on areas normally covered up during the winter. If you can see it, try to take a picture of it. Be sure also to show it to the hematologist when you go there, and please make sure they run appropriate tests for ruling out lupus. In the meantime, I would use sunscreen generously and not rely just on that. I would cover your neck with a scarf or turtleneck to prevent further sun exposure, and wear long sleeves, long pants, and a wide brimmed hat for your face. If the rash itches, an antihistamine usually helps, but it could last several days. Getting a picture will document it for future visits if you see a rheumatologist and the rash is gone. Keep us posted and best wishes.