View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
dczech1 dczech1 is offline
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 54
dczech1 HB User
had "teeth adjustment" during TMJ treatment today. Kind of worried. Help?

So I have been going for TMJ treatment to a specialist for the last three weeks. Apparently he is very good but I am having reservations. When they first gave me a bite pressure test, the left side of my mouth bit with 75% while the other with 25%, so that we concluded is not normal.

I have been given a splint to wear two weeks ago and have been doing that. Today, they gave me a bite test, and afterwards, they did a brief "teeth polishing" in which they grinded some of the edges of my back teeth. Instantly, the pressure went from 75% to 69%. I got worried asking if thats the case, whats the purpose of the splint? They say they do the teeth adjustment every 3 weeks of the 15 week treatment. Should I continue doing this, even though im worried? My teeth don't really look different but Im still very skeptical. Im just tired of the discomfort but am not really sure they are doing this just to get there money and have the results physically show that my bite improve. Even though the pressure subsided, I am still hearing popping sounds in my ear. He also told me to hold off on my pending wisdom tooth extraction because it my irritate the symptoms. Please help!!

 
Reply With Quote