View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Aftermath of pancreatic surgery

Hi all. I am looking for some information.

First of all I went thru Pancreatic surgery in January of 2007. After several months of not feeling well -- bloating; especially after eating; nausea; some vomitting, I went thru several CT scans. I don't have the records in front of me but a mass was found on the tail of the pancreas.

So after getting several opinions surgery was done to remove the tail of the pancrease and the spleen as well.

Here it is 6 plus years latter and I am finding that I am not feeling well. Since the surgery I have been thru several rounds of feeling bloated at times is the main issue and it usually continues throughout most of the day.

Since the surgery I also went thru a Hydrogen Breath Test when ever the bloating feeling occurred. It usually turned out that I had some type of infection and to my understanding does occur after the type of surgery that I had been thru. So my doctor would put me on a round of anti-biotics to fight off the infection.

Last year I had the same issue and we redid the MRI/Ct scan to make sure that there wasnt a reoccurrence of the mass. Test showed no mass was found. Also went thru a colonoscopy which came back fine. We did this just to rule out other issues as well.

Well I am now again faced with the "bloating" feeling and again it lasts pretty much all day long. I don't think I have any other symptoms.

Has anyone else gone thru pancreatic surgery and found that they have had a reoccurrence of a bacterial infection. If so what treatment did you go thru? Is the bacterial infection something that I will now have to deal with for the rest of my life? Anyone have information about long term effects of the infection and what it can do to you in the long run?

I tried googling information and really can't say I came across anything. Not sure if I am entering the information right to find what I am looking for. But when I get this bloating feeling it really is a horrible feeling. I can't even say it is a mild case of bloating. It tends to be moderate to once in a blue moon on the severe side.

Any input would be appreciated.