View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

dustytrail HB User
Re: Childhood PTSD is Taking Over My Adult Life

It'Just Me 721,

I have to give you alot of credit for posting. I think that's a great step in the right direction and it took alot of guts! I also have PTSD from childhood and adult abuse so I can relate. I would like to first say that the situation with your parents in one in which I think you should address immediately before your able to move on from all the other issues that you have to deal with. I am trying to put myself in your place, and I just don't think I could have that hanging over my head like an 18 wheeler. Phenix gave you great advice. Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God. It's not your responsibility to get your parents out of they're own messes anymore. Unfortunately, they made you as a child but your an adult now and can say NO! I know sounds easier than done. I also have two children. If it was not for them, I don't know if I would be here today, but I feel that I was put on this earth for them and to be the best mother I can be, and give them all the love I never got. You have alot on your plate and that's the size of a serving platter. If your not in some kind of therapy, I strongly suggest that you talk to someone. You need some kind of support to get through this. Again I am proud of you for posting because you are reaching out and thats great. I hope that some of this helped......I can't imagine how you feel. I am here for you if you would like to post to me. Good luck sweetie......and stay strong..you have made it this far!