View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

PunjabSis HB User
Question just got all teeth out on top

I just got all teeth out on top (only had 8 left)... once teeth were out denture went in... how long does it take for the bleeding to stop... have no stitches in the gums... just put in the dentures and am bitting down to keep pressure on the gums... have tried to drink something but right now, can't get anything to go down.. it wants to just run out of the mouth.. am really going to have to get used to all the plastic in here... when I try to swallow, I want to gag .... from the denture on the roof of the mouth... I used to wear partials but they weren't as big and didn't go back as far as these do.
novicane wearing off now and little soreness on the left side.
I had crowns in front and four regular teeth and a pratial I wore but the whole time I had the crowns with the partials.. my gums stayed swollen... the material in the crowns infected the gums.. so eventually had to have everything out on top.
anyway.. how long before this bleeding stops and .. how long does it take to get used to drinking or eating with the plate in... and do you ever get used to the size and the gagging goes away...

thanks