View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
(male)

klray HB User
Re: Aftermath of pancreatic surgery

I am a 75 year old male that was diagnosed with "Carcinoma of Ampulla of Vater" in early December 2005 (age 68). Four Doctor's from the local hospital all told me Whipple surgery was a no-brainier in my situation so I went for it. Surgery was set up with Dr John Bolton at Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans for 12-16-05. I was released from the hospital on 12-24-05. During the Whipple Dr Bolton took out the usual body parts and I had Stage 2 cancer that had not spread so no Chemo in my case. I had problems with eating and the recovery for two months was not good (hospitalized twice) but then it completely turned around and my weight started to increase and I feel fine. I have some stomach stress several times weekly but have found that by taking GasX it helped some. I also have bloating. I try and drink some water when the stress starts. I always say that I pay for each meal but The Whipple worked for me. I have had Pancreatis four times over the years. The surgery has many problems that come with it but it was correct for me and I am happy to be here.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by klray; 04-19-2013 at 10:02 AM.