View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
(male)

BikerDude HB User
Re: new labs, advice please (part 3)

Hi Lisa789,

I think there are plenty of us on this forum that really focus on the numbers, and sometimes that is a good thing. Unfortunately with meds and the thyroid, everyone is somewhat unique in their own way. What works for one, may not work for another.

I'm not a doc, and I can say that over the past seven years of having a thyroid problem, I've become my own guinea pig. Sometimes just when I think I've nailed my problems and discovered the solution and begin to feel great, something odd will pop up within several months and cause my theory to come crumbling down.

Your blood results look good, although for some people having a TSH below 1, can bring on symptom issues, whereas others can't operate at all unless it is almost in the .001 extreme range.

I would not be surprised if your planned vacation does miracles with your symptoms. I know relaxation works wonders with me.

Also, from my experience (meaning me as the Guinea Pig with a thyroid problem), some of your symptoms appear to be due to diet. Whenever I hear the stuffy nose thing that is persistent, or heart rate, or irritableness, or fogginess it signals the possibility that there is something in your diet that perhaps should be reduced (could be sugars, could be gluten, could be dairy, could be eggs, etc). That is something you'd have to figure out on your own.

Best of luck and have a great vacation!