View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #187
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin33 View Post
Well went to second opinon and the dr who did my ankle wants to do my wrist. He wants to do ulnar shortneing and tfcc. splint then cast for 6-8 weeks then pt. Is it a long arm cast or short? Whats the recovery? Will I be able to keep working? How many days will I need before returning to work.
I just needed debriedment and not a full tfcc repair so I can't speak on that part of it. with the ulnar shortening, i had the splint for 2 weeks, then the fiberglass cast. My doctor cleared me to go back to work when I got the cast on. I was driving and working that day. I was also using the computer some, but ackwardly. I had a short arm cast. I'm not sure if they do a full TFCC repair which length you would need. I know for UT split tears in the tfcc area, it is an elbow cast.

I hope everything goes well.