View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #188
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo31 View Post
Ive noticed the top bit of my scar and arm is numb. Where the bone sticks out on arms its from there to the top bit of the scar and abit surronding it.
My PT's did ALOT of work on my scar for months. Ultrasound, iontophoresis, massage, etc... They spent much more time on that than they did the ROM development. it seems like they were worried about the scar not healing well or forming adhesions I didn't want under the skin. I wonder if some good massage or ultrasound would help you?

I'm still having a bit of a nerve kind of issue where the doctor gave me that cortisone shot. When I push on that area, it zings across the back of my hand. The only thing they recommended was desensitation massage. It has helped some, but not a lot. I'm not sure it is worth paying for PT at this point. I have too many medical bills as it is.

I hope you are doing well otherwise.