View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #191
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

BurtG,

I find it interesting how different all of our treatment plans post-surgery are so different. I was told not to do anything with my hand until the cast came off at 6 weeks and you started your therapy immediately. I think the advantage of yours may be helping you with your ROM. My therapists told me that as long as there was ulnar pain with exercises not to push it though because it can perpetuate the inflammation.

Sorry to hear you had the hospital stay. I had both of my procedures in surgical centers and went home immediately after. I hope your BP is doing better.

I purchased a wrist ice wrap off the internet. Since you are dealing with both wrists, it may be something to consider. Mine is rectangular with a slit in it so I could stick my thumb through. It works with my splints, casts and just plain. Ice and elevation are your friend here.

Keep us posted on your progress.

The following user gives a hug of support to MountainReader:
BurtG (05-01-2013)