Thread: foot pain??
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

JessicaHope11 HB User
foot pain??

For the past few months (since February), I have had increasing pain in my right foot and ankle. It hurts quite badly in my arch and also in the inside of my ankle and a little in my heel and the top of my midfoot. My surgeon diagnosed me with flat feet and ordered arch supports, which I've had for about 3 weeks now. The arch supports have not helped at all and the pain keeps getting worse. I had been wearing a boot or a lace up ankle brace for the months before this and nothing seems to fix it. It hurts with every step I take.
A few months ago I did have a surgery on this ankle but it is not hurting in the same place and it doesn't seem to be related. My ankle had gained quite a bit of strength back, but now I can't even do a heel raise on this foot/ankle.
I'm being sent for a bone scan and then I'll be seeing the surgeon again once the results come in, but I was just wondering if anyone knows what this could be or what my next step is? I realize it's only been a few months, but it's already getting old.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much.